Wednesday, June 17, 2009

farmer's daughter

Yoda likes to play in my work bag.My baby

Yoda likes Donald and I think Donald likes Yoda, too. ;)

my first onion crop ever!



Beautiful bloom on my okra plant



Waiting on the okra to get big enough to eat!













I am so excited about my small garden! I dug my onions this week, and although I had to put them too close together to get everything planted, I am still happy. Some are rather small, but they shall be used also.

I am going in a bit to pick cucumbers and try to find enough squash to fry for dinner. Ben loves fried squash and okra. The okra will take a while longer. I can't believe how fast these vegetables are growing. One day the cucumbers were tiny and the next almost big enough to eat! I can't wait for the tomatoes to ripen, then I can have a salad from my garden! This is a natural high for me; you can laugh if you want, but I am amazed at how this stuff grew from the tiny seeds I put into the earth a couple of months ago. God is incredible to do it this way. Maybe it's so we will see Him in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to eating some of those veggies!!!!! Yoda is soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! CR partner