Sunday, July 23, 2023

Changes

 Life is a constant source of change. I’ve changed, our family has changed. Donald and I have been married for 47 years now. We have five amazing children, two wonderful sons in law, a gorgeous amazing daughter in law, a beautiful granddaughter and five rambunctious grandsons. Well almost, the youngest is getting there! 

We lost our mom, Mema, and mother in law in January of this year. She was 98 and had lived in the same house for 90 years. Losing her has been the deepest grief I’ve ever felt. I was blessed to have her 68 years and she was absolutely the best mom a girl could have. I’ll see her in heaven, but I miss her in this life which is only temporary. The old house has been torn down (which was the right thing), but it’s a loss for me as well. God and my brother kept it together for as long as she needed it. She was able to live there till the end, minus a couple of months last summer after she had a health scare and my brother told her it was his house or rehab. He and my wonderful sister in law live up the street so she would sit by the window so she could see her house. She loved her family and those we chose so well. She prayed for us and her great grandchildren everyday. 

I’ll always love you mom and I miss you so much. 






No comments: