Saturday, July 22, 2023

 So many things have happened since I was last here. I finished my 26 year career of teaching our five children at home. I went back to college and finished my bachelor’s degree. I love Sociology! I had a short lived 4 month stint of substitute teaching (whew!) and was hired as assistant archivist in June of 2016 at our local junior college. Then a few short weeks later I started working afternoons for Dr.  Gatlin at her new veterinary clinic. C-vid in March 2020 ended my job as they closed archives and never reopened it. I personally think this is a sad move as archives contains so much local history and for several other counties as well. But no one asked my opinion. (Grin)

My husband had to take an early retirement due to several surgeries and no longer being able to lift. As a radiation therapist, it was a requirement. We went through a stressful time with Met Life insurance, but as always God was faithful. Why do I doubt when things are hard? 

Dr. Gatlin is allowing me to work from home since my job is strictly online. I love the medical jargon and typing her notes on our client’s pets. Working from home started during C-vid as I have respiratory issues and she told me I needed to. I have the most awesome boss who cares about her employees!  I went back and the second wave hit so back home again. I’m strictly working from home now which I love. It gives me time to work around important things like husband, children, grandchildren and doctor appointments. Part of the aging process it seems. I am taking weekly allergy shots which appear to be helping me! 

It was definitely a transition, at least for me, with us both home most of the time. I have to be honest and admit I love some “me time.” That was the heart of the matter. Donald is loving retirement and being free of so much work related stress. Now I just stress him out. 😉

I’m not even sure this is going to post so it all may be for naught  I’m going to see if I can get it to post and maybe I can figure it out again later. 


No comments: