Monday, April 23, 2007

Moment by Moment

We have been learning how we are free from the sin and the law if we belong to Christ. Our pastor made a statement that I have thought about often:

"You are not a sinner because you sin,
You sin because you are a sinner."

We need Jesus to cleanse us from our sin, but once He does we are free from it. Most of us have some trouble with that because we still fall short and mess up. That is where faith comes in. Are we going to believe fact or feelings? What do we base our facts on? Experiences, what someone tells us, or the Word of God?

The Bible says in Romans 6:14, "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."

I'm so tired of living a defeated Christian life. I am choosing to believe what God says about me.
At least for the moment. And isn't that what life is made of? My day will progress moment by moment and what I choose to believe during each of these "moments" is entirely up to me~!

No comments: