Wednesday, November 5, 2008

After the Fire


"There isn’t much better in this life than finding a way to spend a few hours in conversation with people you respect and love. You have to carve this time out of your life because you aren’t really living without it."


Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, August 27, 2003


This is so true. Friends are one of God's greatest blessings. We are fortunate to have many good friends. They are always here for us. If I could only be a speck of the blessing to them that they are to us, then I would have achieved something real and good.


It seems that we have friends who made the news recently. Eddie's book is published and on sale now. You find it at PublishAmerica.com. You can search for "After the Fire" and buy a copy of it for yourself. I am ordering one today and am planning on asking Eddie to sign it for me!


Connie and Eddie's son, Billy, made the newspaper on Sunday. There was a whole page article with pictures and it was even continued on another page. The person described Billy as having "an easy smile and warm eyes." Either he knows Billy well or he is very perceptive. Donald and I both agree this describes Billy well. If you don't get the newspaper you can find the article here at http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=b97f854c5d2de643
Sadly though, I couldn't find the pictures that are in the paper itself. They were great. Now I'm not going to tell you what the article is about since you can read it for yourself.


Connie and Eddie are always here for us. Always. When I need a friend I always have one in Connie. She is real and genuine with me. She won't tell me something just to make me feel good; she's always honest. Everyone needs a friend like her. She has came through for me on so many occasions. In addition, we have borrowed their back yard, borrowed their truck, and borrowed their HD TV to watch the Mavs. Well, sorta kinda, they invite us over to watch some of the games we can't get. They have taken me to Dallas to the airport when I needed to get to Donald in Brownsville when he tore a muscle in his leg. Eddie has rescued our daughter out of a predicament where she couldn't get loose from something. (You'll have to ask Hannah about this one.) I can call them any time at all and they are always here for me. The only kitchen fire I ever had was the first time we invited them over for dinner. How appropriate to have a fireman in your kitchen when you have a fire.


Be sure to check out Eddie's book. I'm sure you'll love it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you tell them the story, mom. I think it would be interesting to hear (or in this case, read) it from your point of view :) plus, I'm sure everyone could use a laugh