Wednesday, January 7, 2009

contradictions

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28



I'm tired and tired of being tired. I'm blaming it on the weather and these stupid allergies. One day it will be hot and the next freezing. I worked outdoors Saturday afternoon cleaning out the fence row. We have a chain link fence and our neighbors put up a wooden fence so there was dead flowers and grass and weeds between the two. It took a lot of work and patience, but it is clean and pretty now...well, as pretty as a chain link fence can be. Donald stopped by and helped and I really appreciated it. I just realized I made that sound as if he no longer lives here and that is not the case. He just came out after he took the jeep to have the oil changed. Now that that is clarified I can continue with my diatribe.

I guess all the dust and fuzzy little things flying around my head stirred up these allergies. I don't want to call them "my allergies" because that sounds like I want them or they belong to me. Neither is the case. We are in a continual battle over their residence. After coughing and having trouble breathing (which usually happens after I cough a lot) I went to sleep and slept until 10:10 Sunday morning. Church starts at 10:30 and I had already slept through Sunday School so I knew I wasn't going to make it. Last night at Celebrate Recovery I started coughing once again and the process started over. So today I am feeling the after effects of my coughing and am whining about it on my blog. I just need to suck it up and get on with my day. However if you have suffered with asthma or bronchitis you already know that is hard to do when you can't breathe easily.

I warned you about this post you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl. Remember God is faithful!!! Love you CR partner

Vicki said...

I know what you mean Sarah. The kids are battling "drainage" which is making their throat hurt and Mic and Miah have a pesky cough that makes them irritable... Grrr
Bring on the cold! Let it snow!
I love you...