Sunday, March 22, 2009

no title

Jupiter caught in a meow. He was following me around while I snapped pictures.
pansies in a pot

blooming ajuga that is spreading!


it did come back!!



a petunia from last year

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
I love spring! I can't wait to get out and work in our yard again. I have already been out several times raking leaves and I actually started a new project in the backyard yesterday. I was really bummed out that we didn't have two weeks worth of spring break. The week we were off it rained most of the week. I am very grateful for the rain for we needed it badly. I guess if it hadn't been so cold I could have worked out in it~! Then last week it was the perfect weather to be out in the yard and I was inside. We did take our "snow day" and the decision of whether to work outdoors or go on a much needed shopping expedition was a hard one.
The pictures above are a few I took a few weeks ago. They are my first signs of spring except for the pansies which have been beautiful all winter. I have been grateful for my splash of color in our front yard. When winter seemed to be dragging on I could gaze on them and feel better. My hummingbird feeder must go up also and I have mega weeds to pull or cut. The ones in the ground cover I pull. My Asian Jasmine is spreading and I'm so excited. I'm even going to move some ajuga since the jasmine is spreading into it.

I'm so glad God made springtime!





No comments: