Wednesday, October 1, 2008

fifty-three cents


Maybe I need to stop posting about certain character qualities. Last time I stated that I was learning flexibility. Well, because of my claim I have to set the record straight. I'm not as far along as I thought. Saturday I had the perfect opportunity to be flexible. I totally blew it. I didn't get to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it and I got all bent out of sorts. I mean for hours. I knew I had an attitude that was wrong, but I couldn't shake it. It was because I made it all about me. So it looks like I'm back to the drawing board on that one.


Today though I have made slight progress in another area. I balance the checkbook cause I'm good at it. Well, usually. It seems I forgot to write down a check from August and am just now discovering it. Thankfully we weren't overdrawn, but it frustrates me. Then last month I was fifty-two cents off. I looked and looked and couldn't find the error. I finally let it go, hoping it would correct itself this month. No such luck. Now I have been off a penny for a long time, and it was a major victory when I let that one go. But fifty-two cents, plus the penny???


Yep, I did it!! I just wrote it off and let it go! We are fifty-three cents poorer, but I figure my peace of mind is worth that much. Now some of you are probably rolling your eyes and wondering what the big deal is. But others know exactly what I'm talking about. So give us a break if it doesn't bother you to do such things. (grin)


Life has been busy. I had sand delivered Monday and I've been working on completing my sidewalk. I still have to get pea gravel but the company said I would need so little it would be less expensive just to get buckets and haul it myself. Maybe I'll get some today just to see what it will look like.


I really don't have time to blog, but I just needed to state my fifty-three cent victory to someone. Guess who got chosen??

No comments: