Thursday, February 28, 2008

text of my life


Pastor Paul sent us a prayer that he was praying for us today and a scripture to go with it. I really wanted to go to Life Group tonight, but instead I spent about six hours coughing my head off. It seems I couldn't breathe without coughing. I asked Donald to take notes for me and Connie sent me an encouraging email.

Before he went to sleep Donald told me to steam up the bathroom and stay in there a bit and I did. It really seemed to help me, but after coughing so long it is hard to breathe and I can't sleep. I keep singing this song in my mind and decided to get up and seek God.....


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You
(Open the Eyes of My Heart; Michael W. Smith)


How often do I "see" but not "see." I really want God to open the eyes of my heart so I can see Him and His ways. Here are some verses about seeing.


Hagar:
Genesis 21:19
Just then God opened her eyes. She looked. She saw a well of water. She went to it and filled her canteen and gave the boy a long, cool drink.


Moses to the Israelites:
Deuteronomy 29:4
But God didn't give you an understanding heart or perceptive eyes or attentive ears until right now, this very day.


David's prayer in song:
2 Samuel 22:25
God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.


Elisha's prayer for his servant:
II Kings 6:17
Then Elisha prayed, "O God, open his eyes and let him see." The eyes of the young man were opened and he saw. A wonder! The whole mountainside full of horses and chariots of fire surrounding Elisha!

Psalms 18:24
God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

2 Samuel 22:25 and Psalms 18:24 are the same in the NIV also. This is my prayer to God; this is what I desire. He has rewritten many of the words in my life already, but there are oh, so many more He wants to rewrite. He is life; there is none besides Him.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides him there is no other. (NIV)

No comments: