Friday, February 15, 2008

a tribute

There is much I could write about today. I could rant about the Dallas Mavericks' trying to trade several of their best players for one Jason Kidd. I am glad Devean George is blocking that one; I hope he continues to do so. I could write about our special meal that Bethany and Hannah cooked last night, and the good movie we watched afterward with Charity and Josiah. I could write about working in the back yard and Bright running around like a mad dog. I could even verbalize about algebra, but I'm sure you are sick and tired of that as am I.

What I really want to say is something I have thought about all week. You see, one of the members of our church body died last Saturday. Our pastor talked about Richard during our Sunday service and really helped us with accepting his death. The funeral service was Wednesday; Pastor Paul did an awesome service there also. They were both perfect. Richard would of loved both of them!

Richard was.......well, Richard. He had a huge heart and always came in with a smile. Even when he had good reason not to. You see his leg had been broken in a farming accident and he was in a lot of pain. God was healing his leg though and we were all excited, especially Richard. He was always more concerned with others than himself. He had met a lovely lady and their relationship was progressing. Robbin came to the funeral and Connie and I were blessed to get to know her just a little. She is an awesome lady and we can understand why Richard was excited about their relationship. More importantly, he was growing leaps and bounds in his relationship with the Lord. God was working in his life; many exciting things were happening for him.

Then God takes him home unexpectedly. Why, Lord? Some may say it's not right to ask God. I say God understands and isn't offended. I think He realizes it's part of our grieving process. Part of our body is missing and God understands the void.

I Corinthians chapter 12.......
12 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.
26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

The grief we all feel is for us. Richard is with God. If any of the saints needed help, I'm sure he has already taken care of it. That's Richard.

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a wonderful tribute to your friend.