Monday, February 11, 2008

Offerings

Our pastor has been speaking on praise; he has been encouraging us to praise God in our problems. Sometimes that is very hard to do. At least it has been for me. It's probably because it is such a powerful weapon against our enemy. (1 Peter 5:8-9, The Message) Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You're not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It's the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith.

I don't know about you, but I get bogged down and sidetracked over so many things that don't
really matter. After I recognize what's happening it's easier to focus on what's really important,
and that always leads me back to God.

Pastor Paul gave us the "5 R's" a few weeks ago. He also told us that "praise is a death blow to the flesh."

1.) Remind myself about God's exalted position.

2.) Remember what God has done for me in the past.

3.) Resolve God's enabling power; I am commited to you in the good times and the bad.

4.) Report identify the problem; don't downplay the situation. Be honest, God knows already.

5.) Rely give it over to God, stop trusting in myself

I've had quite a few opportunities to do this and haven't. But that's okay. God still loves me and isn't down on me. He is waiting for me to give my problems to Him and start over. I'm glad my God is a God of new beginnings and second chances.


Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
And Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean’s tides
And I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of Your wings
Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky



(Third Day Offerings Album: Your Love Oh Lord; This has got to be one of the best worship albums I have ever heard. I listened to it for months on end and still love it.)

No comments: