Friday, February 8, 2008

unbelievable but true


For those of you who could care less about basketball you probably want to move on to another blog today. But I just have to comment. What in the world is Phoenix thinking in trading Shawn Marion for Shaquille O'Neal???????? Now I have never been a fan of Shaquille, but really, how in the world do the Suns' think he can keep up with their run and gun style of basketball?? He does have a pretty big ego, but I'm not sure that will get him up the court any faster. Here are a couple of quotes from him during the news conference introducing him as the newest member of the team.....

Someone asked if he knew he looked good in purple.
"I already knew that," O'Neal said. "But thank you very much."

"I'm very upset," he said. (about criticism of the trade) "You just don't really want to get me upset. When I'm upset, I'm known to do certain things -- like win championships."

We'll see on that one.

"I think with the addition of me it gives the guys the extra that we can make it," O'Neal said. Maybe he could sell some of his inflatable ego??

He will energize the locker room, he said, "just by being me."
And finally my favorite......."If you want to take me in a room and examine me yourself, you could see for my age I have a fabulous body." Ah, no thanks; not interested in doing that.

Okay, so I left part of the quotes off. You can read his full comments here if you are so inclined.

Maybe in a few years after I'm finished homeschooling I can become a sports writer. I am pretty opinionated. The only good thing about this is that Phoenix got him and not Dallas.

Now you may be asking why in the world I care about this?? Because Steve Nash is one of my favorite basketball players and used to play with Dallas, until the Suns paid him a huge amount of money that Dallas wouldn't match. So yeah, I do love watching the Suns play.....at least I used to before they traded Marion and got O'Neal.

Go Mavs!!!!

No comments: