Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Known by Him


I'm so glad I'm known by God. Months ago Pastor Paul told us that we can't always know the mind of God but that we can know His heart. That is a deep statement for me. I guess up until the past couple of years I might have disagreed. Or to be more exact I believed that others might know His heart, but that I probably never would. Most of my Christian life I have coasted along knowing I had trusted Christ as my Savior, but living my everyday life apart from that. Needless to say I didn't have a lot of joy or hope.


Sunday's message was about THE ONE WAY-THE ONLY WAY into heaven. It is only through Jesus Christ that we can be saved; there is absolutely no other way. You can't pray enough, do enough good deeds, bow down enough, or anything else man comes up with to reach God. God has already reached out to man and given His sacrifice, His only Son Jesus. (Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."


We need to believe and confess. There is no magic prayer that will do it. Anyone can be saved. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13


I'm afraid some people know God, but aren't known by God. Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the person who does what my Father in heaven wants. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we force out demons and do many miracles by the power and authority of your name?' Then I will tell them publicly, 'I've never known you. Get away from me, you evil people.'


God wants us to call on His Son, Jesus Christ. I love the way The Message puts John 3:16......
"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life."


Jesus Himself said, " I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. "(John 10:10 The Message)


Are you known by God?

No comments: