Monday, November 26, 2007

A walk of faith


Pastor Paul's message yesterday was great. To sum it up he said, "God simply wants us to Trust Him, Believe Him, Worship Him, Have a Relationship with Him." One thing I appreciate about Pastor Paul is that he makes it simple. I also appreciate how he shares his struggles with us and his victories. One of his quotes is, "Dream Big Dreams, Ask Big Things."


Think about God as "I AM." Our pastor is right; we need that revelation. Exodus 3:14 (God's Word) God answered Moses, "I Am Who I Am. This is what you must say to the people of Israel: 'I Am has sent me to you.'"


"I AM" really needs no explanation. He is!


Here are some points he made yesterday. He paralleled each of these to an event in the Bible.
While taking notes, I personalized it for myself.


(1) Do everything God tells me. - Noah and the ark

(2) The Lord will fight for me. - Moses and the Red Sea

(3) God will provide for me. - Moses and the desert


(4) Don't go without the presence of God. - Moses


(5) Don't be afraid, those who are with me are more than those who are against me. - Elisha and
the army


(6) The Lord is with me. - Gideon and the Midianites

(7) God is able to save me - Fiery Furnace

(8) I serve the Living God; His kingdom will never be destroyed. - Daniel and the lions den

He also talked about "your Goliath" and how a situation can seem insurmountable and words can cause us to fear. On the upside he reminded us that (a) our abilities are not a factor (b) don't fear the size of the problem (c) recognize who the enemy is coming against, and (d) stay faith positive. As usual I have an opportunity to see if I really believe God or if I am going to look at a particular situation and my feelings. Isn't it encouraging how God sometimes gives us the answer before we run head on into something? Now I have a choice: am I going to believe my feelings and emotions and past experience in this situation or am I going to believe God has a way of escape? It's definitely going to be a struggle today to keep focused on the positive, but it is possible because......

You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)



No comments: