Monday, December 17, 2007

My Saturday



I had a post all typed up Saturday; then I hit the wrong key and deleted it. I decided I wasn't going to type it all over again. Today though I believe I'll tell you about it. It was about something that hasn't happened to me in a looooong time.

I woke up at 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning. I felt rested and ready to greet the day. However it WAS Saturday and everyone else was still asleep and the house was so quiet. I got on the computer for a while and then decided I'd go back to bed for a bit.

I woke up and looked at my alarm clock. It said 12:32 p.m.!! My first thought was that Donald had played a trick on me and ran my clock up several hours. I looked at his clock; it said the same. Just for good measure I looked at the cable box which displays the time. Same time! I haven't slept that late in ages. The last time I can remember was in high school to be exact. I felt SO rested though. I must have been because I got the house cleaned. I did two bathrooms, swept and mopped the floors, vacuumed, and put some pictures in frames for our bedroom. The only thing I didn't do was cook dinner (unless you count frying a couple of eggs for Donald cooking). I had cream of wheat and later a big bowl of popcorn with real butter. The kids were gone so they were on their own.

I've decided there are two scriptures that can go with this tale. Either Psalm 4:8.......
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
or Proverbs 6:9......How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

I guess I could take a poll, but I'm afraid the second verse would get more votes. I'm going with the first one! (And yes, I do have a song to go with this:)

Daydream Believer (The Monkees)

Oh, I could hide neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings.
The six oclock alarm would never ring.
Whoops its ringing and I rise,
Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.
My shavin razors cold and it stings.

Cheer up, sleepy jean.
Oh, what can it mean
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.

You once thought of me
As a white knight on a steed.
Now you know how happy I can be
Oh, and our good times starts and end
Without dollar one to spend.
But how much, baby, do we really need.

Cheer up, sleepy jean
Oh, what can it mean
To a daydream believer
And a homecoming queen.