Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tuesday's Thoughts


This thought came to me last night. I don't want to offend anyone with my blog. This is not an attack or directed at anyone except myself. Are you ready??? drum roll.................


Spirituality Stinks


Yep, that's it. And I agree with my thought. For way too long I tried so hard to be "spiritual" and "holy" and "pleasing to God." All it brought me was condemnation, frustration, and doubt. I was making it all about me, instead of trusting in the ONE who had already accomplished all that I was striving for.


My relationship with God is just that.....a relationship. He knows me and I know Him. He speaks to me and lets me know when I need to straighten up. He's always with me; even when I doubt and fear. I think it makes Him very sad to see me struggle so. He died that I might have life and have it abundantly. There are no more rules and regulations for me. I listen to Him and He leads me in the way I should go. He does that in many ways that I won't go into here.


Our pastor asked us a question last week. He asked if we were willing to lay aside our beliefs and let God teach us? For someone coming from my background that's pretty radical. I was always taught "what to believe." Now it's a "who to believe." I have been thinking about this a lot this week. I'm not sure I know how to do that; to totally wipe my mind's slate clean and start over without anything there. But I want to. I desire that.


I think that's a thought worth saying again: Spirituality Stinks!

No comments: