Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a handfull of quietness


There is no one here but me and the dog. That is weird. With a large family you don't get much "alone" time. We are on spring break and the three youngest all have plans; Donald and the girls have work. They did come home for lunch. We had leftover brisket, potatoes, and salad. It was so good, even the second time around. Since I outdid myself last night I'm not cooking tonight. We have hot dogs and sandwich meat so we won't go hungry. Right now there's still leftovers, but if the boys get in and hit the refrigerator it will be gone by dinner. It's my spring break also.


I've missed so much church lately because of being sick. I am listening to one of Pastor Paul's messages from several weeks ago. It is awesome! It is about God's kingdom being now and not letting circumstances dictate our joy or lack of it. He says we either act or react. We need our eyes opened because God is bigger than our circumstances. He also said that complaining is being selfish. Ouch! We need to speak the truth. We are over comers; Christ has overcome the world! We are champions! We need to stop letting the things of the world run over us. God is in control. We need to choose to believe what He says. Our feelings change from moment to moment. We think we'll be happy if things change, but we won't, because our circumstances are dictating our happiness.


What an awesome message. It is one I'll need to listen to again and again.


Psalm 16:11 (God's Word)
You make the path of life known to me. Complete joy is in your presence. Pleasures are by your side forever.


I need to get clothes out of the dryer and finish the ironing. Then I'm either going to clean the living room carpet or watch a movie. I'm leaning toward the movie. Spring break is calling.

No comments: