Friday, March 21, 2008

simply human


"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

I received this in an email several weeks ago. It is very profound. As far as I can tell the author is Virginia Satir, an American psychotherapist and educator, 1916-1988. I did find it as "author unknown" but I don't want to take the time to do a lengthy search.


Pastor Paul sent an email several weeks ago with this:

"Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get excited again about the privilege of simply being human."
Excerpt from "You Gotta Keep Dancin" by Hansel

My little day miracle today was sitting in my new chair for over an hour and a half watching the Home and Garden channel with Rebekah. She was off work today and we both slept late and ended up in the living room together. Donald got me a wonderful chair and ottoman for my birthday. It seems we have torn all the chairs up in the house; our family is very hard on furniture. Or maybe it's because someone is home all the time and it gets used so much. When Billy spent the night with us several months back he thought he had broken our chair. I explained to him it was already broken, but I'm sure he got quite a shock when he tried to lean back in it! We finally moved it into our bedroom and moved another broken chair in it's place. The first broken chair went out with the trash yesterday and the second chair is back in our bedroom. It's a rocking chair that we bought when we were expecting Rebekah and the wicker bottom has broken. It simply cannot be thrown away as there are many memories of rocking our babies associated with that chair. I intend to have it fixed someday.


It is quite unusual to find me sitting anywhere that long during mid morning. There is always so much to do that I just don't sit down unless it's at the computer. And it's never for that long. So that is my little miracle that got me excited about enjoying life with my wonderful daughter today. Then she took me out for lunch and we ran an errand. Since I'm not hungry and Donald had pizza today at lunch can you guess who's not cooking dinner again??


I am totally excited about being human today!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.