Monday, September 8, 2008

deliciously delightful


It's delightful to wake up before my alarm goes off, totally rested and ready to face the day. That hasn't happened to me the last couple of weeks. I need to add that after sleeping in till 11:00 a.m. yesterday I also had a three hour nap yesterday afternoon. After that came a good night's sleep. Either I needed it desperately or I'm just totally lazy.


It's such a blessing because I have a lot to get caught up on today. I have already started by checking Daniel's work, recording some grades, and making lesson plans for this week. This should of already been completed, but it ended up I worked seven hours Friday plus had a meeting for our enrichment classes. I haven't cooked since Thursday, or did I even cook then? I believe I did and I already have dinner planned for tonight. My family will be thrilled.


I don't mind cooking as much as I do coming up with something to cook. I don't feel too bad when I don't cook because the kids are able to fend for themselves. It's not like when they were little and totally dependent on me to feed them. It's lovely having this freedom. Donald I just got in the car and left Saturday. It's drastically different than when the kids were small and we never went without getting them ready and loading them all in the van. Seasons, change, a new phase of life which is from God.


I don't really mind getting older; it's just the changes in my body that are a thorn in the flesh at times. Like when I sit in the floor for a while and have trouble getting up, or when I look in the mirror and see the gray hair and wrinkles that used to not be there. Seasons, change, a new phase of life which is from God.


I'm not sure why I'm on this train of thought. I really don't have time to be philosophical today. I guess Rebekah's dream is haunting me. She dreamed I was pregnant! Yesterday after I slept so long Donald said maybe I was. (Before I knew I was pregnant with Rebekah I slept one whole weekend, waking up only long enough to eat and go to the bathroom. It was a weird weekend for sure. Later we found out why.) I'm pretty sure it was just the summer's work in the yard, plus all the hauling and laying of brick that caught up with me. Children are a gift from the Lord and I love my gifts, but I'm too old to start over!

No comments: