Wednesday, September 24, 2008

moving on


Last Monday I had one of the most productive days I've had in a long time. I even scrubbed our kitchen floor with Magic Erasers and made it look new again. Well, almost new. I actually had forgotten that at one time it was lighter in color than I have seen for a while.


I even had to leave the house twice and still got loads accomplished. I'm still amazed. I can remember when I used to work like that every day. Maybe it's because I'm older or because things that once were so important (like a sparkling house) aren't any longer. I can remember before we had children and I worked full time I would take Thursday nights to clean our apartment. One Thursday night something came up and I couldn't clean. I actually cried about it. Now I'm not sure whether it was because I couldn't clean or because I couldn't control the situation and do what I wanted to do. It seems really silly now, but at the time it was so important.


Thank God that He changes us. I'm so grateful for the changes He has made in my life. I don't want Him to stop right here though. Even though I like me now I'm sure there's lots of room for improvement!


How terrible and what a waste if we don't allow God to change us. If you're angry or bitter about something then get over it. Don't let it ruin your life and your health. I've done that, and believe me, it's nothing to brag about. I'd much rather have the peace of God than be consumed with fretting over what someone said or did to me. Maybe I took it all out of context anyway. It's not all about me, it's all about Him.



Philippians 4:4-9

4 Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! 5 Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute! 6 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 7 Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. 8 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. 9 Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! you are so right!
and I needed to hear that, and I loved yesterdays post too.
Thankyou!