Tuesday, September 16, 2008

political thoughts


This cartoon pretty much sums up the way I feel about Sarah Palin. She is a breath of fresh air and has totally gotten me excited in the presidential election this year. Now I don't really call myself a Democrat, Republican, Independent, or whatever. I have voted a certain party because I feel they represent my beliefs better than the others. None of this, "My granddaddy was a _____." I have campaigned before and this is the response I have gotten. It doesn't matter who I was representing or what they believed, that person was only going to vote for the person who ran on his granddaddy's ticket. I think that's so sad. I mean, come on, I have a brain and can make my own choices.
I don't care who you vote for. I would just like to encourage you to vote. My dad fought in the Battle of the Bulge and paid a high price for our freedom. He and many others have sacrificed, many even by giving their lives, so we can be free and have this freedom. Don't take their sacrifices lightly. They didn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel EXACTLY the same way....very well written!