Wednesday, September 17, 2008

unexpected

My heart is heavy this morning. One of our neighbors, an elderly gentlemen died. Now I don't know this couple very well even though we've lived here almost thirteen years. Most of our visiting was done out in our yards and at our mailboxes. They are a very dear couple and were inseparable. They would go out to eat every day and you could tell they loved each other very much. He was retired from the military and Daniel has spent time talking with him about that. He would still get up on the ladder and clean his gutters and trim his hedges. Several years ago he did give up mowing his yard. I really grieve for June, his widow. I'm sure she will be lost without Paul.

If you will, please say a prayer for her.

I've dealt with my emotions this morning the way I usually do. If I want to do something and am not sure what to do, I cook. I have a cake cooling and then Hannah and I will take it over. Each of our children were sad to hear of his death. Even Hannah wants to see if there is something she can do.

Praise God for tender hearts.

No comments: