Monday, September 1, 2008

holiday in every sense of the word

It's 10:00 a.m. and I'm still the only one up. I got up at 8:00 and have spent the last two hours on facebook. Rebekah set me up an account so I could get together with a friend who moved away quite a few years ago. I went through 200 pages of flair and still didn't get to the end. There must be thousands of them (or more)! You can spend a LOT of time there for sure and I've only gotten started.

Yesterday was awesome. On the months that have five Sundays we have "Jubilee" Sunday at church. We all bring food and eat together after the special service. Yesterday Pastor Ron and his lovely wife, Anne, was with us. His message was fantastic, as usual. We all look forward to the times they can be with us. Our youth group had a fundraiser and sold Sunday Sundaes for dessert. They passed out a paper with all the ingredients they offered and you checked what you wanted on your Sundae. They were very good and we had quite an assortment of goodies to choose from.

I came home and had a nap. In fact, this has been a "resting" weekend for me. It began Friday after dinner as I did something I have not done all summer. I got a blanket and laid down on the couch and watched tv. Then I watched a movie with the girls. After that I took a bath and watched tv in bed. I woke up at 7:00 Saturday morning, rolled over, and woke up again at 10:00 a.m. I did quite a bit of ironing, but that is really all I have done this weekend. Donald took me out for lunch around 2:00 and then we went shopping for shoes for him. We also went to Walmart to get ingredients for the dish I took to church yesterday. Donald helped me water my yard late that evening and then it was more tv from our bed.

Bethany and Bright are up. Bright always expects to be fed after he gets up. It doesn't matter whether it's early or late cause it's always time for breakfast. I guess I've rambled on enough so I'll let Bethany have the computer.

I'm just nice that way. (Remember I've been on for over two hours!)

No comments: