Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Color Washing

"This decorative effect creates the appearance of floating color. Soft and watery, or bold and striking. The color density varies over the surface and creates appearances from parchment to the softness of an evening sky or the deepness of watery depths. A subtle finish, with little texture, it is an ideal effect to create mood in a room, background ambience. When using earth tones the color wash can have a slightly aged appearance and is ideal for irregular wall surfaces."
This is what I am doing to my bedroom walls. You would think I would be tired of painting by now. Well, I am; but...............
I'm just not happy with the light brown color; I used it in my bathroom and loved it. Go figure. My friend, Vicki, says it is the way the light shines on it. I wish it would of shone some other way. Not being outdone and not leaving something I do NOT like isn't an option with me. So now I am color washing the light brown walls with some of the dark brown and glaze. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but I like it. I'll have Hannah take pictures after I'm finished. I still have to prime and paint our closet doors. It doesn't look like what Vicki did in our living room, but I'm pretty sure I like it enough to stop after I'm finished.
Anyway the color wash got me to thinking about sin. The color wash is a color on top of a color. It disguises it, but it's still there. It makes it prettier, but one color is still underneath the other.
I'm glad God doesn't color wash my sin.

Psalm 103:10-12
He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him. And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins. (The Message)

No comments: