Wednesday, October 17, 2007

On and On






Yesterday school was like the energizer bunny; it kept going and going and.........


well, you get the idea. It was 9:00 p.m. before I got finished with what I had to do; Daniel had to keep working. The part-time job is going okay; it's just the school that sometimes causes late nights. The thing about homeschooling is that I'm not finished until they are. It's nice to be needed though. I should be grading a test right now. Instead I'm chilling out after our hectic morning.



Bethany's golden retriever, Bright, had some kind of seizure this morning. It was awful. She and Ben took him to the vet as soon as they opened. He did some blood work which was okay. So we have to wait and see if it happens again. If it does there's some medicine he can give him. He said he might or might not have another one. We all love that dog so much. Donald keeps saying he's going to make a "yard dog" out of him and Bright eats it up. Once Donald was going to buy Bright a really nice doghouse at Sam's Club. I told him he better make sure "he" liked it cause it would be him, not Bright, who slept in it. We didn't buy it.



I never thought I'd love an animal the way I do Bright. He knows what we are saying; he really does. He can be asleep in another room and if I say, "Bright, do you want to go?" he comes running and waits for the door to be opened so he can jump in the van. He often goes with me if I don't have to run in someplace. When we drop food on the floor and call, "Bright, clean up on aisle five" he comes running to clean it up. He is one loved dog for sure. So if you are an animal lover (and even if you're not) please say a prayer for him and for Bethany.

It's days like these that I remember and rejoice that we're not alone in this world. We have an awesome God who loves us and provided all that we need. Do you know him? Do you realize how much He loves you?


John 3:16-17

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again." (The Message)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bright has a good family!