Monday, October 22, 2007

Perspectives


Isn't it awesome how God takes an ordinary day and blesses you with something different?

Friday Hannah and I had home school enrichment classes. She has some awesome classes this year. One of them is a Movie Making class. They have a director, people in charge of casting, makeup, costumes, and a set complete with camera, lights, and director chairs~! Angelia is coordinating the class and she and her husband are doing an awesome job. I am a helper in the class which means basically I drive kids to the set.


We have a family in our group who live out in the country. They have an awesome home and a small plane complete with hangar and airstrip. They kindly allowed our kids to construct their set for the movie inside their hangar. It is so perfect and they can leave it there and not have to tear it down and put it up which saves lots of time. I drove my van full of kids out to the set and stayed until they finished and drove them back home. Another mom and I were sitting in their house talking to Lisa and her husband. He asked Eileen and me if we would like to go up in the plane. It was awesome. You get a completely different view of things from up in the air. Things look so small and insignificant from above.


I think I needed that. I get so caught up in my life and our problems and responsibilities that I fail to remember that there is a totally different perspective. I need God to remind me of that from time to time. My problems may be huge to me, but God has a different perspective. He is in control of my life.



Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

No comments: