Monday, October 8, 2007

God Bless Columbus



The painting has begun~! We are off school today due to Columbus Day. God bless Columbus~! I meant to start this weekend, but due to circumstances under my control I didn't. Saturday I moved some things out of the bedroom (we now have to go into the hall to get our underwear) and taped some. I meant to actually start the primer but I had a nasty headache all day and didn't. Then yesterday afternoon I meant to get started, but needed to mop the kitchen floor, do the ironing, cook some meat that had been in the refrigerator thawing, and of course the never ending laundry our family produces. By the time I finished Donald was in the bedroom taking a nap and I didn't want to wake him. So after cooking today's dinner (which was almost consumed last night) I decided I'd take a bath and watch TV. I'm not sure what my family will do tonight for dinner as most of it isn't there anymore. I volunteered to go to the city council meeting with our church's food so I've already told them I'm painting today and will be gone this afternoon so they are on their own.

So this morning I began~! Well actually I'm taking a break/breakfast/blog time out. I've already managed to cut my finger and produce a blood blister trying to use a screwdriver to get my mini-blind down. I am NOT good at all with any type of man-tool. The kids are sleeping in due to no school and I just didn't want to wake the boys to take down a mini-blind. Come on now, how simple can that be? I probably put the thing up.

Wouldn't it be nice to hire a crew to come in and paint it for me (see picture above)? Actually Jeffrey has said he will help me paint today; maybe I can recruit Ben also. Daniel has to work so he's out of the picture and Hannah wasn't feeling well last night. Too many people in one room with the bed still in there isn't going to work too well anyway.

Well my sausage/biscuit is long gone so I guess I better get re-started. My blood sugar dropped and my legs got weak (or maybe it's just my muscles resisting the many trips up and down my step stool). Anyway it seemed a legitimate excuse to stop for a few minutes and proclaim the good news............I HAVE STARTED PAINTING MY BEDROOM~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it. I know it will be beautiful!