Thursday, October 18, 2007

Skating and Me


There is no guilt here
There is no shame
No pointing fingers
There is no blame
What happened yesterday has disappeared
The dirt has washed away
And now it's clear

There's only grace
There's only love
There's only mercy
And believe me it's enough
Your sins are gone
Without a trace
There's nothing left now
There's only grace

You're starting over now
Under the sun
You're stepping forward now
A new life has begun
Your new life has begun

And if you should fall again
Get back up, get back up
Reach out and take my hand
Get back up, get back up
Get back up again
Get back up again

So get back up, get back up again
(Only Grace/Matthew West)

This song is quite fitting for me today. I'm getting back up; I blew it. I've been so busy lately I haven't even had a song. When I painted my bedroom last week I listened to a Jeremy Camp CD over and over and over and over.......I really don't know how many times. This week I've been working on our bathroom, a bit here and a bit there. I get frustrated doing it this way, but it's the only way it's going to get completed. With life, and school, and responsibilities, etc. there's just not much time left over to paint.

Back to getting back up again......yesterday I was busy as usual and flew off the handle a time or two. I went to church last night and was so sleepy I wanted to just lay my head on the table and snooze. Then I came home to clean up the bathroom where I had left all my painting mess out. The kids were having a great time watching a movie and the food was still out from dinner and the dishes I hadn't put in the dishwasher were all over the place. I got upset. I complained to Donald rather than doing something about it myself. Now I could have asked the kids to do it and they would have after the movie; that didn't exactly fit with my martyr complex. I cleaned up the kitchen while banging stuff around and sighing about poor overworked me. I guess it might be funny if it wasn't so sad. It seems in my walk with God I take steps forward and steps backward and feel like I end up in the same place. But that is my old self talking. All I have to do is repent and be full of Him once again.

I like to watch ice skating competitions. If they fall, they simply get right back up and start where they left off. Because of Jesus Christ I can do that too~!

"God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we've done wrong." 1 John:1:9 (God's Word translation)

No comments: