Wednesday, April 16, 2008

what i didn't know


"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."

I came across this quote from Albert Einstein. That got me interested so I found some of his other quotes.

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."


I don't really remember much about him, just the pictures of the guy with the wild hair. After I read these quotes I wanted to find out his beliefs. I went to Wikipedia and found this: Einstein clarified his religious views in a letter he wrote in response to those who claimed that he worshipped a Judeo-Christian god: "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal god and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."


I find this sad. Such a waste for a brilliant mind.

No comments: