Monday, August 13, 2007

Fill in the Blank


Last week was so busy. We celebrated Rebekah and Ben's birthday on Thursday night. Tuesday afternoon Rebekah and I made a trip to Sam's Club for supplies. Donald's sister and her two boys came in Thursday and spent Friday night and Saturday at our house. I spent the week cleaning, shampooing carpets, and getting ready. Friday morning we had our enrichment class planning meeting. I had to leave early so I could get home to change sheets, bake a couple of desserts, and finish cleaning. With seven people and a dog in the house we pretty much need to vacuum every day and there is always laundry and dirty dishes. Friday night we went out to eat with Annette and her boys, Donald's brother Doug and his wife and daughter and her husband and little boy. Are you following me??? Then we all came back here for dessert and conversation. Yesterday was church and later while Rebekah and Bethany were on Rebekah's birthday excursion and the kids were at a swimming party Donald and I went to Chili's and used my gift certificate that I won. We had an appetizer plate and then shared a piece of Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie. It was so yummy~! This morning I slept in until 10:10. I started to get up but wondered why I wanted to do that. I had nothing pressing today so I decided to relax and went back to sleep. I think I deserved the rest.


Pastor Paul made a statement yesterday that I am chewing on. When God told Moses to go to Pharaoh and lead the children of Israel out of Israel, Moses questioned God about His choice. Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. "


God does not just exist; He is everything. I AM _________. You can fill in the blank, but that is limiting God. He is so much bigger than anything you can put in there. Whatever we need, He is~!

No comments: