Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Epiphany

I had an epiphany this morning. To make my point I'm including the definition.

3 a (1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature (Toilet tissue is really important to me.) or meaning of something (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (We are almost out of this essential product) (as an event) usually simple and striking (3) : an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure (Do you realize that people actually used old catalogs for this need????) b : a revealing scene or moment

Now I realize I'm not that old, but we actually had outhouses when I was young. My aunt had one even much longer than most people. As a child I wasn't allowed to use the ones at our house. They had REALLY deep holes and my parents didn't want to risk losing me down the toilet. But my aunt's wasn't made that way. I could actually go out to her back yard, turn the little board nailed on the front to open the door, go inside, and you know........ I thought it was so neat to be able to do that. Now I didn't have to use the catalog (or if I did I don't remember). Or maybe it was so painful I have pushed it into the back recesses of my mind.

Anyway, for some strange reason I was extremely grateful for toilet tissue today. Weird, huh??

1 comment:

Dustie said...

You are so FUNNY!!! Sometimes I can't think of anything to talk about on my blog, I would have never thought to tell that! lol
You and your kiddos are really great writers, I love reading your blogs!Blessings, Dustie