Friday, August 31, 2007

Practicing the Presence


I receive several different emails from Crosswalk.com and today's was "Upwords from Max Lucado." The title of it was Practicing the Presence. I think that's pretty practical because I definitely have to think about God and make choices every day. It's not like I always get up and bam there He is. Now I know He is with me every day and He will never leave me or forsake me; it's just some days I tend to go my own way and think my own thoughts and leave Him out of my life. That is until I get in a jam or something upsetting happens and then I cry out to Him. I love the days I wake up and my first thought is, "Good morning, Lord." I love the days when He gives me a song to sing.


I used to never sing out loud because I don't have a good voice. But now I can't help it. I love Him and I have to proclaim it sometimes. I want to be in His presence much more than I am now. I'm afraid the beginning of school has altered my thought process somewhat. I have so many more things added to my schedule and to get stressed out over. Stressing out is definitely a signal that I need Him. I need to Practice the Presence.


Hannah and I made an out of town trip yesterday afternoon. She has wanted a digital camera for a long time and that was her birthday request for November. Best Buy had the very camera she wanted $30 cheaper than Wal-Mart. She wanted to take a photography class in enrichment classes and needed a camera to do so. She decided she needed her birthday gift early. I needed some things from Sam's Club so off we went.


So now I'll have pictures I can steal for my blog. Almost as good as having my own~!

No comments: