Monday, August 20, 2007

More of Him


We had a wonderful day with our church family yesterday. Pastor Ron, who is the overseer of all the CFC churches, spoke to us in the morning service. The praise was awesome and the message was awesome. It was also awesome to see OJ and Brandi~! We have missed them so much.


Pastor Ron gave an incredible, uplifting message that God had given him. It was so encouraging. We had our Big Girl meeting last night. Anne, Pastor Ron's lovely wife, spoke to us about guilt, grieving, and grudges. She has such wisdom and had us rolling with laughter at times. We don't need any of those in our lives and need to deal with them and give them up.


We are so blessed to be a part of our church family. I can't imagine "going it alone" so to speak. The times I have tried that have been such a disaster. I know I can have a relationship with God alone, but I need my church family. God speaks to me through our wonderful pastor and I have grown up in a lot of ways. I don't think I'll ever arrive, but that is not a reason to stop trying and stagnate. I'm glad I'm not where I used to be in my walk with the Lord, but I'm not satisfied to be where I am now either. I want and need more of Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I enjoyed yesterday too!!! My fave was when Ron said "BS" is "blame shifting"... I loved it! And it was good to be with all the Big Girls again! It had been too long...
Your blog is always very encouraging to read... Thanks for being who you are... you're awesome!
Love you,
Susan D.