Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grace Upon Grace


From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. John 1:16 (NIV)


I am so thankful for God's undeserved grace, and for the way He extends it to me through others. I had signed up for on-line banking and receive alerts if our balance goes under $100.

Well, I got one of those email alerts this morning. Right after getting one for insufficient funds. I frantically transferred some funds from the other account and began the job of balancing the checkbook to see where I had erred. I had gotten the statement yesterday, but because it was the first day of school I never got around to it. Big mistake~!


It all began a couple of weeks ago when I forgot to record a debit transaction. Now I always (or so I thought) write down my debit amounts before I even use my debit card. The one time I don't I get into trouble.


I went to the bank and talked to this very nice lady. While looking at our account she said that we have been customers for over 20 years and she would reverse the insufficient funds charges which totaled $64.00. Now I would have been ecstatic if she had offered to take away one of them. But both?? It was indeed my mistake, but she showed mercy to me. Undeserved mercy.

It was my fault. I screwed up. I fell short.


I wanted to weep in front of her. Instead I came home and wrote her a very nice thank you note. I see Jesus in all of it. Grace upon grace.

No comments: