Saturday, May 3, 2008

HGTV


I have a new past time. If there's not a basketball game on I love to watch the HGTV channel. It is amazing the things I have learned. Like I'm totally convinced if I had some power tools I could do great wonders. I have learned that I want to power wash my sidewalk and stain it. I have learned while painting if you make a W or a V it makes the paint go farther. I have learned that the kitchen and bathroom are VERY important if you want to sell your home; clutter is a huge NO NO, even things you use every day like diapers and schoolbooks and toys for your children.

I'm glad we aren't trying to sell our home. It's exhausting thinking of all that would need to be done.

Now I don't enjoy clutter. I don't really think the school books on the dining table make a great centerpiece. It's just that we use them every day and I am always in the middle of something. I just push them aside or put the newspaper on top of them while I eat. If we all sit down together we do clear the table. I don't particularly care for the ironing board that has been up for three days now; it's just that I still haven't finished my ironing. By the time I almost get to the bottom of the basket I do laundry again and it starts filling back up.

I used to clean the whole house - EVERYTHING - the same day. I haven't done that in years. It's like it's a "s-l-o-w" work in progress. If someone tells me there's a cobweb I just tell them to take care of it or turn off the light so they can't see it. Out of sight, out of mind.

I'm totally glad I've chilled out about things. Maybe it's because I'm older/wiser or just don't have the energy I used to have. Life is great; even with the cobwebs!


"I don't get tired of housework. I don't do any."
Maxine

No comments: