Tuesday, May 13, 2008

the way I should go


We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9


I love that verse. It gives me such rest. It truly is true. It happened to me just yesterday. I had my day all planned. I knew what I was going to do and set out to do it. I made a phone call and heard myself asking someone a question I had even thought about asking. Fast forward a bit and God does it again. It wasn't in my plans, but it ended up being the most wonderful afternoon I have had in quite a while.


The most enjoyable part of it was being able to help someone I love and being with those I love. That was just an added benefit that God threw in there for me. He loves me and loves to direct my steps. In fact, sometimes I find Him putting words in my mouth!


Last week I had a really hard day. I was miserable for most of it. There were snatches of victory in in, but overall it was not an enjoyable day. I realized later that I used to live most of my days in that manner. I became fully aware of how much God has done for me and how much I want to be with Him. Now He never leaves me, but sometimes I take a detour away from Him.

Of course, He was patiently waiting for me.


Jude 1: 20-21 (The Message)
But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!


No comments: