Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a done deal


I awoke this morning and lay in bed thinking for a few minutes. I was so relaxed and had been blessed with a great night's sleep. I contemplated about how blessed I am that God doesn't hold my sins against me. That sure is a good thing, for if He did, He would have quite a long list under my name. Now others might, and often do, but God does not.


103:8-12
God is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, he's rich in love. He doesn't endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever. He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him. And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins.


It's things like this about God that cause me to love Him even more.

No comments: