Monday, June 16, 2008

home again home again


We made a rather quick trip to Lafayette, Louisiana this weekend. We spent one night at the Hilton. It was an older Hilton and not quite what I had expected. It was clean though and that's the main thing. The bathroom was small, the view wasn't that great, and we didn't even take time to go on Cajun Jack's Swamp Tours. Maybe next time. We did eat at a Cracker Barrel and had a very nice waitress and excellent fried chicken tenders. I tried some fried apples which were really good. I also enjoyed the trip down memory lane. I had never been to a Cracker Barrel before and enjoyed looking at the candy from years gone by. I LOVED my candy growing up! If I had fifteen cents I thought I was rich and could buy LOTS of candy with it. We had penny candies that had five pieces inside. Now I'm beginning to sound old.


I promised I wouldn't blog about why we went. Those of you who know......well you know.....the rest of you will find out later. I think our kids feel like bugs under a microscope since I have started blogging!


It's nice to go and even nicer to get home. My washing machine is humming and I'm about to load the dryer and start another load to wash. My dishwasher will be full as soon as I finish loading it and it will work for me also. I think of Proverbs 31:15 which says, "She gets up before daylight to prepare food for her family and to tell her servant women what to do." Well I certainly didn't get up before daylight, but I thank God often for my "servants" which make my life so much easier. And no, I am NOT talking about my children! Although that might be an idea for the summer. Hannah wanted another book so she earned money Friday. It was nice for our bathroom to be clean without me doing it. Our children clean their own bathrooms, but I don't require them to clean ours. Enough said, gotta go and get my servants started.

No comments: