Friday, June 8, 2007

Green Hope


I have been trying to make my requests known to God and trust Him with the outcome. I had an opportunity with the window in my van not working; it was on the driver's side no less. Several times I would start to drive through someplace and remember it wouldn't come down. It's rather awkward to drive through McDonald's and have to open your door to pay and then again to get your food. Or to drive through the ATM to buy stamps and actually get out of your car only for it not to be dispensing stamps at that particular time. Now I realize this doesn't constitute an emergency or world crisis, but it is my world and did put me in a pinch at times.

I decided it would be nice to have it fixed. Usually when we've had a problem with automatic windows it ended up being rather costly. I needed it fixed, but didn't need it to cost an arm and a leg. After analyzing my situation I decided I would take it to our auto collision repair shop and get an estimate. That estimate would determine my future so to speak, at least where my window was concerned. On the way I decided to let my request be made known to God, but to be okay with whatever the outcome. So I told Him that I really would like to have the window fixed, but to do that I needed it to be something small and not too expensive. I also told Him that I knew I could trust Him regardless of the verdict.

Now to make a long story a bit longer, it was just the switch and not the motor or other more expensive part. So I was able to get my window fixed for $106 and I already know what I can't do. I can't make this a "formula" for my next request. For example, I prayed and let God know what I wanted and He let me have it. So next time I want/need something I'll do the same thing and maybe it'll work again. WRONG~! So not true.

I do have another request I am talking to God about, but I also know that what I want may not be what He wants or what He thinks is best for someone I love. I do know, however, that I can trust Him and the outcome.

Romans 15:13 in The Message says: "Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!" I'm not sure what green hope is, but I sure like the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit part. That is an apt description of the Holy Spirit as far as I am concerned.

1 comment:

Miss Hannah said...

I love you mommy =)
You're the best *hugs mom*