Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stopping to Think

Did you ever stop to think about your life?

God could have let me
be born anywhere in the world. For me He chose a small town in Texas with under 300 people. I lived in the same house all my life; no moving around for me. In fact, my mom has lived in that house since she was about eight years old. That means she's lived there almost 80 years~! Why that house? Why that town? Why that state? Why this country?

Psalm 139:15-16 says: "You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know
exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you. The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day." (The Message)

Isn't that incredible? How can I doubt that God

loves and cares for me?

This red step stool has been in my mom's house as long as I can remember. Each of my kids sat on it while eating at my parent's table. In fact,
they still do~! It's as much a part of the house as the house itself; at least in my eyes. And I think
my children would agree. There are so many
things that are the same when I go home. My parents provided stability and love for me and
my brother. They were always there for us. I think my mom is one reason I wanted to be home with my children. Even after I graduated
from high school and got a job I loved having her there when I came home. She worked hard and did so many things for us.

I may not have had an exciting life in that small town, but it was a good life. God made the best decision for me. After all He planned it all~!

The song I woke up with today is:
"I will make my plans Lord, but you direct my steps." I guess it goes along with this post quite well.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miss Hannah said...

I Took those pictures too! Heehee!