Saturday, September 29, 2007

brisket and cherry diet coke


Saturday's are........well, Saturday. They are much anticipated at our house. No work for some, no school (unless assignments aren't completed during the week), no set routine usually, and sleeping in. The last one is what I look forward to. However I woke up at 6:00 a.m. this morning. Now I didn't say I got up; I just woke up. I promptly looked at the clock, sighed a sigh of relief, and went back to sleep.


I was sooo tired last night. It was another nonstop day of activity. I dropped Hannah off early at enrichment classes, ran five errands (yes, I counted), brought some stuff back home that needed refrigeration, ate a quick bite of sandwich, and headed back to enrichment classes. Between times I cooked what I was taking to our Celebrate Recovery meal last night. If you didn't come all I can say is you missed one of the best meals I have ever had. It was DELICIOUS~!


After we left Donald took me by Taco D. for a Cherry Diet Coke. They have the best cokes in town~! One night Donald was in line behind Bethany and Rebekah. After they pulled off and he pulled up to the drive-through window he heard them talking about our girls. They said they thought they had a brother and were all really nice and always got cherry cokes~! He wanted to let them know they were his kids, but refrained from doing so. I absolutely love compliments about our children; especially those like I just mentioned. It's like God encouraging us. To think that God loves His children and delights in us even more than we do our own children just astounds me~! I love how He gives us examples that we can totally relate to.


Back to last night. We got a coke and one for Bethany who had been home alone for several hours. Now with seven people in the house that is quite a desirable thing. If you have time check out her blog "The Pink Tealetters" at http://pinktealetters.blogspot.com/. She is such a good writer and a delightful young lady. BTW she has written a children's book that she is going to have published at some point in time. She met the founder of a publishing company last year and he read and loved her story and told her when she got ready to publish it his company would do so~! She is taking art lessons for illustration purposes and I am so proud of her.


Once again, back to last night. After we got home I took a bath and got in my comfy pj's and Donald and I watched NYPD Blue reruns. I absolutely love the humor on that show. Andy Sipowicz is our favorite character; he has been in 261 episodes from 1993-2005.
Now it's Saturday and I have had my diet coke and updated my blog. I'm off to a good start.

No comments: