Saturday, September 8, 2007

My Hannah





I suppose of all our children Hannah and I have had the most battles. When she was younger I said that she gave "strong-willed" a new meaning. Now that can be a very positive thing and I have seen that displayed in her life. When she sets her mind to something she does it. Whether it's from having a good attitude to schoolwork to having fun, she's a pro.

I've wondered if the reason we often clash is because we are alike. (Hannah, I am NOT talking about looks, okay??) Growing up I struggled with always wanting to be right. I guess if I'm honest I still struggle. I have mellowed somewhat and have learned to yield at times. I also have had lots of practice asking for forgiveness; especially from my children. A perfectionist mom who likes to be right can cause lots of havoc in the home.

As I've gotten older I've realized that so many of the things I thought had to be a certain way doesn't. My house doesn't have to be spotless, I've learned to let some things go, and I've learned to laugh. Laughter is definitely from God; I only wish my kids had seen me laugh more when they were younger.

I'm grateful for all our wonderful children. This post is for Hannah. You are a beautiful young lady and I am so proud of who you are and who you are growing up to be. Just remember.......
"Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track." Proverbs 3:6 (The Message)

No comments: