Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Remember Nebuchadnezzar?

Did you read about the tight end for the Buffalo Bills that "sustained a life-threatening spinal cord injury" Sunday during a football game? The prognosis was grim and he was expected to never walk again if he did recover. For some reason this really bothered me and I have been checking the sports for reports. And yes, I have prayed for this guy.

This morning there is a good report; he was able to voluntarily move his arms and legs when partially awakened. Now they believe he will walk. Praise God~! However there is something that bothers me. Dr. Andrew Cappuccino was quoted as saying: "We may be witnessing a minor miracle." (Now I don't believe there is any such thing as a "minor" miracle, but I give the guy credit for thinking about this outside himself and his skills.) However Dr. Barth Green, chairman of the department of neurological surgery at the University of Miami school of medicine said this: "I don't know if I would call it a miracle. I would call it a spectacular example of what people can do," Green said. "To me, it's like putting the first man on the moon or splitting the atom. We've shown that if the right treatment is given to people who have a catastrophic injury that they could walk away from it."

That makes me really sad. God does a miracle and men take credit for it. You can read about it if you want at:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7216176

I guess if I could speak to this guy I would say, "Remember, Nebuchadnezzar?" Then I would ask him to read Daniel 4. This probably wouldn't be the way to show God's love to the guy, but it was my first thought. Anyway, I'm glad the football player is doing better. And remember it is no minor miracle~!

No comments: