Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Life Meets Reality




Wayne and Susan J. were back Sunday to teach us more about worship. His message was "Leading a Life of Worship." Some of the highlights were: (a) Worship should be a by product of our lives, (b) When we are tested we find out where we really are in that area; do we panic or praise? (c) We need to make a decision to praise Him. (d) God created us to worship Him. (e) We really don't have a choice in worship if we obey Him.

Then of course there are the hindrances to worship. Some of these are guilt and condemnation, pride, a wrong image of God, and relying on my feelings.

I'm afraid the last one is usually what gets me. It happened last night in fact when I tried to make a choice to worship instead of worrying about a particularly frustrating situation. I was misunderstood and of course my first thought was that this doesn't work. I was relying on my feelings. I just don't feel like worshipping today, but that doesn't matter. He is worthy of my worship and praise regardless of the situation or how I feel. I want to obey so I will choose to worship Him.

Psalm 145:3
God is magnificent; he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness.
(The Message)

No comments: