Monday, September 10, 2007

You Do What????



I did something last night that I haven't done in twenty-five plus years. I went bowling. You know the game where the round ball has three holes and you try to knock over the pins down this loonngg lane without falling over the line while remembering to let go of the ball. Being extremely uncoordinated I wasn't expecting so much fun~!

Our kids' youth group went bowling and we tagged along because some good friends of ours were hosting it. I hadn't even considered bowling; I was just going along for the fun. Billy asked me at church if I would bowl and I guess it got me thinking it might be fun.


After getting a pretty yellow 7# ball plus some 6 1/2 shoes, I received some important instructions as to which fingers went in what holes. Donald showed me the arrows on the floor and what not (one of my dad's favorite sayings) when it was my turn. I actually hit some pins~!

Now I was pumped. After only a few gutter bowls and one spare I scored a grand score of 72.
I was pleased as punch and am planning on sharpening my skills another time.

Anyone want to join me???

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hurray I am not the only one who bowls in the 70's. haha I'm horrible at it, but enjoy it a lot. :) Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

LOL, and I missed it?! LOL

bethany said...

you rock my socks off. he heh.