Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Amazing Grace

I can't get away from grace; not that I want to. God's grace is everywhere. He is so amazing and so loving. Grace makes me love Him more; the thought of grace makes me want to please Him. I have had an amazing time of worship just reading Bethany's blog. God speaks to me in so many different ways.

You can read her post by clicking on http://pinktealetters.blogspot.com/
The part that spoke to me are these lyrics:

I want to hide in You
The Way, the Life, the Truth
So I can disappear
And love is all there is to see
Coming out of me
And You become clear
As I disappear
I don't want to care about earthly things
Be caught up in all the lies that trick my eyes
They say it's all about me
I'm so tired of it being about me

God started speaking to me months ago through my friend, Connie. She kept saying the words it's not about me. My first thought was, "Of course, it's not." Isn't that the Christian thing to say? However God is bringing me away from my head thoughts and making it a heart thing. I begin to realize how much I wanted it to be about me. I came to see that most often I am my own worst enemy. I need to be free; usually from my own thoughts and imaginations. I need Jesus. I need to be centered, my life revolving around Him.

Grace is like worship in that it is a HUGE thing~! I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of it and I wouldn't be able to breathe if God shows me too much at once. I love you, Lord.



No comments: