Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Redolent with Life

15 I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father. 16 "You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. John 15:15-16 (The Message)

Isn't it incredible that Jesus lets us in on everything He has heard from God the Father?? Wow~! I guess we should really pay attention to what He says. I want to bear fruit that won't spoil, don't you? Anything spoiled really stinks. Sometimes my attitude stinks. I mean really
stinks. I looked up stink in the Merriam-Webster online thesaurus and this is what it says:

Entry Word: stink Function: noun Text: a strong unpleasant smell Synonyms reek, stench
Related Words acridness, fetidness, foulness, fustiness, malodorousness, mustiness, rancidity, rankness, staleness; badness, vileness; dirt, dirtiness, filth, filthiness, nastiness; odor, redolence, scent, sniff

I don't see any word listed above that I want to be identified with. They all stink~! However if you continue further to the antonym part this is what it says:

Near Antonyms floweriness, lusciousness, savoriness, spiciness, sweetness; bouquet; ambrosia
Antonyms aroma, fragrance, perfume

Left alone, I fall into the synonym category. It's only in Christ that I can be what I want to be.
Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation - an aroma redolent with life. (2 Corinthians 2:15) The Message

Even the word "redolent" means 1 : exuding fragrance 2 a : full of a specified fragrance

I want my fragrance to be that of Christ. It's not always, but that is what I am aiming for. Its the little things that really pull me down. Left alone, I can't even manage my attitude~!

No comments: