Saturday, July 14, 2007

Get off my plane~!

I couldn't get to sleep last night so finally around 2:30 this morning I just got up. Not much is on TV at that hour; at least not that I wanted to watch. I finally found "Air Force One" with Harrison Ford. It has been ages since I've seen that movie so I decided to watch. It was on one of those channels that have more commercials that movie and bad ones at that. I wish we had it on DVD and I could of just popped it in and avoided all the extras. After that I was finally able to sleep so I went back to bed and slept in until around 10:00 this morning.

After I had been up a while I started thinking about the movie. There was one part that particularly impressed me. Harrison Ford is the president of the U.S. and hijackers have taken them all hostage on Air Force One, including his wife and daughter. Near the end of the show the cargo door of the plane is open and he is fighting with one of the hijackers. After a mighty struggle he pushes the bad guy out the door while declaring,"Get off my plane!"

He acted as a man with authority; after all it was his plane, he was the president of the United States~! They weren't just idle words and he said them with force and authority because he could.

Authority is important. Jesus has authority. Even the people back then realized it, even though they may not have recognized him as the Son of God. Luke 4:32 says, "They were amazed at his teaching, because his message had authority."

Romans 13:1 says this: "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

1 Timothy 2:1-4 "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone--for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

No comments: