Thursday, July 12, 2007

Can you hear me now?

Check out http://www.komando.com/

Kim has some wonderful tips on computers. I subscribe to several of her newsletters also. Today on her "cool site" she was talking about cell phones. She made a statement that started me thinking...........

"Cell phones are, of course, both a curse and a blessing. They are priceless in the event of an emergency. And they keep us connected wherever we go. On the downside, they keep us connected wherever we go!"

My cell phone hardly ever rings unless I am out shopping and one of our kids calls me about something. However it has rang several times at church or in meetings when I forgot to put it on vibrate. Those times were usually embarrassing because I hate creating a disturbance. None of those times were an emergency.

"Can you hear me now?" is a line from a commercial we've probably all seen on TV. I was thinking about my relationship with Jesus and how it in no way mirrors the things I've just written. There is never a downside to being connected with Him. We are always connected to Him and the signal (Holy Spirit) never fades. He always hears us. We don't have to pay a monthly connection fee as his death on the cross paid it all.

I'd rather have Jesus than riches untold.


No comments: