Saturday, July 21, 2007

Still Resting


I have gotten in the habit of using the captions on televisions or movies. Once I started I "have" to have it. It's amazing how sometimes missing one word in a movie makes or breaks it. I can't think of an example right now, but I love the captions. Of course with my hearing loss I'm sure I need it. My family is very supportive of allowing me this luxury unless it appears in the middle of the character's faces. I have to admit that stinks. So I turn it off if that happens.

We were watching a rerun of CSI: Miami last night. During one scene where the climatic music was playing the caption read, "Distorted vocals crooning." We had a laugh about that, but then I got to thinking about it.

In my Christian walk I sometimes feel that way. At times I feel that I am being pulled in so many different directions. Maybe it's just because I am an indecisive person to begin with, but I can usually come up with several options left to myself. While some of these may not be destructive or wrong I want the "right" choice for me.

I realized that is why Proverbs 16:9 is one of my favorite verses: "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."

Even though I had something I wanted to help with today but wasn't able to, I can have peace and not be upset about it. Maybe I just need to be here to pray for Donald and Daniel as they tackle a plumbing project in the bathroom. Maybe I have just needed to rest the past several days. But the whys don't matter because I know God is directing my steps.

No comments: